8 Tips To Prevent Bike Theft
There are many ways to secure your motorcycle to prevent theft.
The best deterrent is to utilize more than one security measure; the more a thief has to defeat, the less potential for success.
- Always keep the ignition locked.
- Secure your motorcycle to a fixed, or anchored object, or another motorcycle.
- Park in a secure and well-lit area. If in doubt, do not park there.
- If your bike is not garaged, keep it covered; non-name brand covers are preferable to prevent advertising the type of bike that lies beneath.
- Limit the amount of time your bike is left unattended, or unsupervised.
- Vary your routes and routines to prevent being followed.
- Use a high quality lock and chain. Secure the chain through the bike frame versus the wheels which can be easily removed.
- Consider adding a motorcycle anti-theft, or security system.
Despite all of your precautions, if your bike is stolen contact the police and GEICOimmediately.