‘Everybody wants him’: Trump to launch social media platform in coming months, aide says
Former President Donald Trump is planning to return to social media with his own social network, according to spokesman Jason Miller.
“I do think that we’re going to see President Trump returning to social media, probably in about two or three months here, with his own platform,” Miller told Fox News on Sunday.
“This is something that I think will be the hottest ticket in social media. It’s going to completely redefine the game. And everybody is going to be waiting and watching to see what President Trump does but it will be his own platform,” Trump’s longtime adviser said.
The reported move comes months after the former president was banned from an array of platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube – the largest social media sites in the United States.
YouTube said earlier this month it would lift Trump’s ban on the site when the “risk of incitement to violence” abates. Trump was banned for life from Twitter, which he prolifically used to promote his agenda and attack his critics. His future of presence on Facebook is currently being debated by an advisory board to the company.