What items can I donate?
Our quality standard is “would I give this to my child?” Items that are worn-out, broken, stained or damaged may be discarded.
We value every donation but sometimes we cannot re-home some items for a variety of reasons. When we cannot re-home an item we may on-donate to another children’s charity or selected Op Shops who support similar work. Sometimes we may sell items that we cannot use at fairs or market days in which case all funds raised are used for local families in need. Please let us know if you do not wish items that you donate to be on-donated or used for We Care fundraising when they cannot be re-homed by us.
- Baby baths – no stands or bath aids
- Bibs – fabric bibs, no ties
- Blankets – all types and sizes
- Bottle sterilizers
- Dummies – unopened
- Baby carriers – Baby Bjorn style
- Bassinets – both bassinets on stands and moses baskets
- Bottles and other feeding equipment
- Bouncers – must have a 3 or 5 point harness in working order
- Breast pumps – sterilized and in good condition
- Car Restraints – capsules, reversible car seats, older children car seats, booster seats with tether strap only (no foam boosters). Must meet standard AS/NZS 1754. Must be no more than 8 years old and never been in an accident
- Carriers – Baby Bjorn or similar front carriers, but we do not re-home other types of slings or backpack carriers
- Change tables – must be able to come apart or fold down
- Children’s Clothing – 00000 – 14: freshly laundered and sorted into gender/size please
- Cots & mattresses – it is essential they meet Standard AS/NZS 2172:2003 revised in 2005. Cots manufactured after January 2005. Please donate with the original manual if possible and please ensure all the parts, screws, bolts etc are secured in a zip lock bag and taped to the base of the cot.
- Gro-bags or infant sleeping bags– no hoods, only those with holes for arms
- Highchairs – folding with safety harness and must meet Standard AS4684-2009. Please clean thoroughly before donating
- Linen – freshly laundered bassinet, cot and single bed size sheets, blankets, doona covers, mattress protectors and wraps. Towels and face washers.
- Maternity pads – disposable and unopened
- Nappies – disposable of all sizes. Opened packs are OK. No swim nappies please
- Nappy bags & changing mats – opened packs are OK.
- Personal care items for adults – unopened body wash, lotions, hair & beauty products, soap etc
- Prams/strollers – Standard AS/NZS 2088: 2000. Must be able to recline as most requests are for newborns. Must have 5 point harness, faultless brakes, sun hood and carry basket Please vacuum and clean before donating, and please include the original manuals if you have them
- Pyjamas and sleepwear – there must be no hoods on sleepwear
- Safety gates – please include all the spindles in a bag taped to the gate
- Shoes & socks – new or in good condition. Please bag according to size
- Sterilisers – microwave or electric
- Toiletries – creams, bath wash etc. new and unopened, for mother and baby
- Wipes – unopened
We greatly appreciate and acknowledge St Kilda Mums for their assistance, input and at times wording in preparing many of the details in this listing. So many thanks.